AN IDEA ABOUT NEW ADVERTISEMENT IN SUPERMARKETS
Also this idea, as the majority of my ideas, is simple as it's brilliant. But on the contrast with the main part of my ideas it is entirely real, it has nothing utopian in it, at least on the contemporary level of development of computer equipment in the big (yet also not very) shops. And this is not advertising of some products that are sold in the shop, but of the very shop. I have sent it, I suppose (unless I have thought to sent and have abandoned this later, but it was hardly so), to a pair of big supermarkets, before some 15 years, but there was no response. Well, in a barbarian country like Bulgaria it is difficult to rely on correctness, so that I don't feel offended by our shops, but the situation in regard of computers has bettered significantly, and, besides, I hope that this publicity now will defend my patent rights, when I use simultaneously several sites; this is in the sense that nobody will be able to excuse him- (or her-) self that has known about this for a long time, because I personally have not heard about such thing and think that it will seem new to everybody. And to search for official patenting of the idea means that I have to spend some money on this, which I don't have.
Apart from this, with my reaching of 65 years I have decided not to keep my ideas to myself, but to tell them to the world, that, of course, can pay no attention to them. This also can not surprise me, it will just serve as proof that people are still quite unreasonable. Because all advertisements (at least 99% of them) are directed to adolescents, housewives, and lapsed in childhood pensioners, and are not intended to offer some useful information about the goods or services. Putting it otherwise, people in their masses (and by the democracy, mark this) are so used to be cheated from all sides, that if it is said or offered to them something reasonable they meet this with bigger mistrust -- for the simple reason that, being not in condition to see where is the catch in this, think that it is very clever masked (like by the real democracy, what I have discussed many times, but now it goes not about it). And in my proposition, really, hides no catch or trick, and it relies on reasonable customers (not on such who will search something under the cap, for example, or hope to win a moped or even a car).
Well, maybe so much common words are enough as a preamble, and we can move in the end to the concrete idea. But it, really, is very simple and can be expressed in one sentence, like the following:
In our shop you buy once in a quarter free!
How you like it, ah? Once in a given period of time, I think that three months is best of all, all your purchases (or the main part of them) turn to be free, to cost nothing. The subtlety is in this that nobody, surely, does not know in advance when exactly, but when this day becomes known to the clients, based on their shopping bills, which they must keep, to them is returned the amount of their purchases, in some reasonable limits, so that they can spend these money again in this shop. That is how it is in general outline, and further I will explain in more details some moments of this process and will also point out the possible variants and generalization of the idea; to the end will mention the conditions, desirable, that I have, for rewarding of my idea.
1. Period of conducting of this, can be said, lottery. I had in mind initially once in an year, what means that the shop will be forced to return in the worst case 1/365-th part of its revenue to the clients, but this is ridiculously small, because it will reduce to less than one per mille in result of various factors that we will mention below. And then, to preserve the bills for an year is quite boring, people will forget about this and will blame the shop that it deceives them. Next comes half an year, what is now good, the expenses of the shop are as maximum 1/180-th, what will reduce to approximately 5 per mille, so that this can be applied in the beginning, if the shops have reserved attitude to this idea. Yet I think that the optimal variant (for shops, by other variants may happen that even one month is better, but about this to the end) is for 3 months, what gives 1/91-st on the average. But on the basis of discarding of purchases outside of some value limits, to what we will turn our attention after a point, will turn that this probability will reduce approximately to 1/150-th -- every shop is in condition to check, performing statistical analysis of its bills for the previous month or quarter, what part of the purchases fall in the given borders. And then I think that it can be safely relied on this, that at least half of the people will not keep their bills, so that here in the normal case must be counted that the losses (rather the refunds, and even this is not correct expression, as you will see farther) will amount to about 1/250-th or 2.5 per mille, what in any case is nothing as expenses on advertising of the shop (I think that one big placard by the entrance of the shop with explanation of the situation, as well also adding of one sentence in the leaflets which they, usually, disperse by the homes, will not raise the expenses of the shop for implementation of my proposition). So, and for three months people will try to collect the bills and visit the shop more often, and make decent shoppings, in the necessary limits, what will increase the turnover of the shop, say, one and a half times! At least in the beginning of applying of this idea in some shop will be so, and later, I hope, can happen that this will become necessity for every shop, in order not to lose clients.
2. Document for proving of the purchases. As I have hinted in the beginning such document must be simply the cash bill (check) of the shop. Earlier I have thought that it must be conducted more strict control, that must be appointed a person to put the seal of the shop and/or sign all valid checks, to write down the personal data of the clients, and so on, but this is not necessary. On contemporary bills of the big supermarkets is written everything: the date, the hour and minutes, the number of cash desk, the name of the cashier, the list of bought products, and also, if I am not wrong, are kept paper copies of all bills printed there, for this, exactly, purpose, that it would not be possible to print one such bill separately, outside of the whole set of them. Besides, there exist also cash printers which can be distinguished somehow, the experts and criminalists must know this. In two words, nobody will "put his head on the block", figuratively speaking, for the sake of some 50 euros, in fact (and in no way more than hundred). So that other document is just not necessary. When receiving the money, though, must be shown document for identity, and be written who has got the money, at least for the archive, but also as warning, so that nobody tried to get money and run.
3. Limits of returning of the cost of the purchases. There have to be two limits, lower and upper, where the lower is necessary for to cut off the non-serious buyers, and to stimulate the others to buy more, at least up to this limit, but also the more the better, because -- what if this is exactly the right day, why lose the possibility? Id est, it is better to make bigger shoppings, than cautiously and by little (say, only a loaf of bread and a bite to eat for lunch), what is more profitable for the shop, by the psychological reason that when one rushes to buy many things one usually makes errors, gets things that are not much necessary for him. This low limit has to be 5 euro (when this is the European currency it is better to use it now), but in some shops it might be 10, or even more, euros. The upper limit, at least for symmetry, but also for diminishing of the risk for the shop, must be 50 euros, but is possible also 100 euros, or even a bit more. In most of the supermarkets this is enough, from 5 to 50 euros, and if one has bought more things, then he can simply say: till here on one bill, and further on another, please (and when receiving money can come two friends, this should be of no importance). But there can be shops where people do really big shopping (say, for furniture, or cars), and than is necessary to set other limits, for example so: from 50 euros and to 250 or one third of the price of the thing, but what happens to be more (i.e., if on buys a seating set for 1200 euros, he can receive back 400, but if he buys one bed for 280 euros, then he will receive "only" 250).
4. Returning of the spent by the client money. It must be said that returned will be not the very money, but will be provided possibility to spend one more time this money. In some big chains of shops are issued their own special vouchers (and only coins will be paid directly), which one can spend in the same place, but in other shops exist clients' plastic cards in which can be loaded the sum, so that the client can spend it when he wills. If not so, then may be allowed by the purchases to pass later through special desk where the paid money will be returned and in this way will be partially cleared off the won money. I think that this is the right approach, and in one so much wants to receive the money and later never to visit this shop than let them withhold some commission, say 10%. Although, in the end, they can simply count the money to the person and hope that he (or she) will almost sure spend them in this shop. But special desk must exist, where to write down the personal data for the person, and operate with money. Nevertheless this can be the information desk, or the wardrobe for baggage, or to do this on one of the cash desks together with the purchase. This is not so difficult, and if we count that this will affect 1/250-th part of the customers, and if they are equally dispersed (what, surely, will not be so, in the beginning will be more people) within the period of receiving, than this will mean that each day will be returned the spent money to only one 250-th part of the clients for the day, what must not cause overloading of the cashes.
It is normally to suppose that if the period of this lottery is three months, then also the returning of money can be done for one such period, but it can as well be twice longer, just in case and to avoid turmoil between the clients. Well, here has to be carried out some work on information processing of records, must be collected in one file all bills for this winning day, and that by some number, or by joined numbers, would have been possible to call on the screen the very bill with all ciphered numbers below, and with fields for entering of the names and coordinates for the person, eventually for marking of the clearing of the sum, and also for printing of this operation of returning of the money (because this is some cash operation, too, for it is also necessary to be issued cash bill). Yet for the today's computer systems this should not be related with big problems and the programmer of the shop must be able to perform once and forever this procedure (more complicated is the payment with bank cards, but it also is done and works smoothly).
As a kind of optional variant can be proposed issuing of clients' cards for all clients, with all necessary personal data and coordinates, and say that for participation in these lotteries one must first have such card and then take part in them. This will be additional restriction of the clients, but it will be convenient for the very clients, because in this way arises possibility for automatic notification of all, that they have won such and such sum with this and this cash bill for the given day. It all depends on the decision of administration, but the simplest variant, that can be applied also in small shops, this is returning to the last cent of the amount of the whole bill when giving back the latter, and in order to have with what to compare then must be taken all the bills issued in the given day (on the computer screen, but in the worst case as paper ribbon). It remains only to explain the very procedure for choosing of the day, in order to finish with the main variant of my idea.
5. Choosing of the winning for the clients day from the already gone period of time. Well, it is clear that any procedure for random choice of one day out of all possible is good. In theory can even be left the shop simply to declare that for the past period was chosen some day, in which case the shop can even cheat a bit choosing some working day where were less buyers. But this is not serious, and it is preferable to perform this drawing by the necessary publicity, before some special commission, as well also to show this on the central TV and keep video for the process of drawing on the site of the shop -- every big chain of shops can make some expenses on 10 minutes (and even three minutes will suffice) TV time for advertising purposes of its shops. This company can have even hundreds of shops in the given country, or at least tens in one city, but the day can be, as also must be, one for all of them (at least for the city), so that here the expenses are divided between all shops.
Now, any random choice is suitable, but I will propose three variants which seem pretty attractive. One of them is drawing of the month and the day like for sports lottery. For simplification it is better to apply this lottery from the beginning of a given month and to the end of another one. In addition it is better to load in the sphere about 30 to 50 small balls, in order to avoid its rotating empty, and then to draw the number of one out of three months (it the period is 3 months), putting in the sphere by a dozen equal balls, and then draw the day of the month and if it does not suit the given month then repeat the drawing only for the day. It is possible, in the end, to perform choice at once of one out of all days ordered according to the calendar, and then to load 91. or how many balls is necessary, but this is not so interesting, it will not excite so much the audience.
Another and better variant is to apply binary division and load in the sphere always by 20 equal balls of zeros and ones, where zero means "not" and one means "yes" and perform drawing of one ball with returning. Then first is asked, is the month less then the middle month or not (more or equal), and if there are 3 months and it is less then in this case the month is chosen with the first question, otherwise is continued further; For the days is acted in the same way using the powers of the two, beginning with 16, and then either 8 or 24, and so on, and ask again "less or not". The choice of the day is finished for 5 times and this provides more emotions for the spectators.
Another method is throwing of darts, what is quite more attractive, especially if there will stand in line 5-10 known personalities, and if one can not hit the target then throws the next. Then is good to have about 5-6 sectors with sufficiently thick dividing lines, and exclude the very center (where everything is highly compressed), so that the question for the commission will be not in which sector, but has the dart landed or not in the given sector. For the months in our case will be only three sectors, and for the days will be necessary to choose first the week, for which purpose are necessary 6 sectors (at worst, and if the case is not such, then one or even two sectors will be excluded), and after this the day of the week, for what will be necessary 7 sectors (alternatively can be chosen by six-tuples of days); in this case will be necessary three kinds of disks, but the very choice will be performed much more interesting.
With this my proposition is explained in its basic variant. Now let me say what are my pretensions for paying for this brilliant idea of mine.
6. Commission for the author of the proposition. I might have required sums of the order of one 100,000-th or millionth of the turnover of the shop, but this means that it has up to some extent to give out to me its secrets, so that I decided that it is much easier to require in the limits of each country (as well also city, if the country is too big) for one shop payment initially once in the amount of only 200 euros, and then for each lottery cycle by 100 euros, but not more than 10 times (i.e. I will load no shop with bigger sum then 1200 euros and this for somewhere about 3 years). More than this, I am much more liberal in my requirements, and in case of big chains of shops for applying of this in up to 5 separate shops the sums only doubled, up to 10 shops they tripled, up to 20 they are quadrupled, and if the shops in the chain are more than 20 (there exist some very big chains of supermarkets) then the sums are multiplied by 5; with this only stipulation, that if it goes about some really big shops, then is necessary simply to count one such shop for 2 or even 3 "normal". But where to send the money I will tell you when somebody decides to call me on the given email address (or as commentary to this paper) because I am anonymous author. And this is all. But there are millions of shops in the whole world, right?
Only when I publish this idea, then it is already accessible to all, and I will ask each shop where it is applied not to forget about me. Maybe after some years the things will settle, but maybe they will not, because there are thousands literary sites in the world and till the moment I have published only on some Russian ones. Besides, as I have hinted in the beginning, it may happen that soon each shop will be simply forced to apply this system. And in addition to all this comes my generalization of the idea, to which I dedicate the next point.
7. Extending of this idea to any companies that offer some products and /or services to the customers. But, after all, all companies do only this. Yet let us take for definitiveness more typical variants.
Firstly these are all transport means, like trains, busses, but first of all airlines! There the money are big, so that can be applied variant from 50 to 250 euros or one third of the cost of the ticket, but such lotteries can be conducted even each month. Because what is there about one percent of the turnover, when the prices there are pretty high and when this will attract many new clients? In such case is necessary only to say that when you have flied (or traveled) in the given period to the given place and for established sum, and if you have happened to choose the winning day, then you personally -- and there is watched about the exact person, there can't be transferred one's rights to other people -- are entitled to make another travel with this company during, say, half an year time, when is subtracted this what must be returned to you, yet if you don't want to travel more in this period, then you can ask the money, but with subtraction of 20% of the sum, and this also in the established period of time, not later. And you may simply not have where to travel or fly more, or have planned to do this by another way, such things. And there are very much air companies and when so some miserable 100 euros are worth nothing, then will be necessary to count, for example, 1000 flying /traveling places are equal to one shop, something of the kind.
Further there are all big hotels, by approximately such conditions like for the airplanes, in the sense that from 50 to 250 euros, and count as one shop every thousand of rooms, and also conduct such lotteries once each month. You invent better form of advertisement than this, that a company, let us call it "Caravan-Serai Chain" offers free spending the night once in a month! And also holiday homes, cruises, et cetera. Or also companies selling cars, say from 500 to 5000 euros or a quarter of the car price, what is more. Such companies could have dropped something to Myrski based on the scheme, say, hundred sold cars make one shop.
Or there can be also variant suitable for banks. For example so: for all deposits for at least half an year can be conducted after the end of the calendar year such lottery, in result of which are established, this time six dates, but in the limits of the whole year, where the made contracts on one of three of these dates receive additional interest in the amount of 25% of the contractual interest (according to concrete case), on one of two other dates -- additional 50% of this interest, and on one date in the amount of 100% (i.e. the interest simply doubles). Every bank can do the necessary calculations in order to see the average loss for it, but this, obviously, will cause big influx of clients. As to the payment for me, then I think that in this case each bank branch has to be counted for 2, 3, or even 4 shops, because there are big money turning there.
As this theme develops I begin to think that, for example, every self-respecting ... prostitute can begin to work by the initiative of Myrski and if she has serious clients, who give her their names and addresses (well, at least email address), then she alone can do this lottery with darts, at least topless, but maybe also "wholeless", and show this as video on her site, and once in a quarter, or oftener, to announce that so many persons, anonymous, but she knows them, will receive from her free blowjob if they call her. Well, from such valiant workers I cant require much, but maybe they will join in groups and 4-5 ladies will be counted for one shop, or I could be satisfied with payment in kind by half price of her price-list. Only, please, I beg them, not more often than once in a month, because I am not in my first youth, and this if they will be called for some work in Bulgaria, in Sofia, for I have not big desire also the travel far abroad.
Well, OK, so be it, in the end I began to joke a little, but the idea is all-comprising and can be applied everywhere, where is possible some control over the use of products and services for a previous time.